NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING OF THE KOKATHA ABORIGINAL CORPORATION RNTBC ICN 8093 FOR COMMON LAW HOLDERS AND MEMBERS
Kokatha Mula Nations Land Council Incorporated & Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC ICN 8093
This notice is to invite Common Law Holders of the Kokatha People as recognised in the decision of Starkey v. State of South Australia by the Federal Court on 1 September 2014 and members of the Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC ICN 8093 to a General Meeting of the Corporation. The purpose of the meeting is to determine whether common law holders wish to proceed with a Native Title Mining Agreement for the Carrapateena Mining Project proposed by Oz Minerals Carrapateena Pty Ltd and OZM Carrapateena Pty Ltd (‘Oz Minerals’) and other matters.
The details of this meeting are as follows:
- Date: Saturday 29 July 2017
- Time: 9 am – 5pm
- Place: Standpipe Motor Inn 3-5 Daw St, Port Augusta West
This General Meeting shall provide attendees the opportunity to:
- Find out about the proposal for the Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC ICN 8093 (in its capacity as a prescribed body corporate acting on behalf of the Kokatha Common Law Holders) to enter into the ‘Native Title Mining Agreement Carrapateena Mining Project’ (the Agreement), with Oz Minerals Carrapateena Pty Ltd and OZM Carrapateena Pty Ltd;
- understand the purpose and nature of the Agreement;
- ask questions about the contents of the Agreement; and
- make ‘native title decisions’.