Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC ICN 8093
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of the land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka, which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia. Kokatha have various business interests in the region including pastoralism, mining and training and development.
Responsible to the Kokatha Board of Directors the General Manager will be responsible for business and governance administration, infrastructure management, community and stakeholder liaison and staff supervision. The positon will also work closely with the Business Development Manager to attract and assess business opportunities.
This role requires a values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
- Confident and dynamic leader with proven experience working with Aboriginal people
- Ability to work with integrity, respect and professionalism.
- Ability to establish and maintain community networks.
- Strong corporate governance knowledge and experience reporting to a Board.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven management ability with a management style conductive to the KAC environment.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Proven ability to supervise, motivate and develop staff.
- Proficiency on Word and Excel and an understanding of IT communication systems.
In return for your service you will be part of an organisation that is open to you helping shape the future, developing training and employment opportunity, advancing social and economic wellbeing and community cohesion. An attractive salary package is negotiable.
This is initially a two-year contract following a probationary period with the opportunity to build the role into a full-time position.
Further information regarding the Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation and full Job and Person Specifications can be found on our website, www.kokatha.com.au or phone 86422068.
Applications must address the essential criteria stated in the Job and Person Specifications to be considered.
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Applications close 9am, Monday 10th December, 2018
For more information please check the General Manager J&P (F) 221118 located in the filing cabinet under Employment.