IN THE MINING INDUSTRY
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is currently recruiting for 1st Year Apprentices to work in the Mining Industry at Olympic Dam, South Australia. These apprenticeships will commence in July 2018.
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in completing an apprenticeship in one of the following trades:
Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic or Boilermaking.
Applicants will also:
- Be physically fit as they could be working in extreme temperatures
- Have a sound level of Maths and English and be able to pass a Mechanical or Automotive aptitude test at a high level.
- Ability to work with oils, grease and petrol (Diesel Mechanic).
- Be comfortable working underground, in confined spaces and working at heights.
- Be able to live away from home for extended periods
- Be able to pass a Fitness for Work medical.
- Reside in South Australia.
- Aboriginal applicants -preference will be given to descendants from Barngarla, Kokatha and Kuyani Groups.
A drivers licence is preferred but not essential.
For more information phone 1300 428 642.
Please send your Resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to IATN@megt.com.au
Applications will close on the 13th April 2018.